Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
As an avid NY Mets fan, I feel that Willie Randolph needs to get his head out of his ass and use this starting lineup. I will give my reasoning as to why after each player named:
- Jose Reyes - although his OBP is extremely low (~.300 last year) he undoubtedly provideds a spark at the top of the lineup. Switch hitter. Once on base, he drives pitchers crazy, steals bases with ease, and can score from first on a double better than anyone else in the league. A shoe-in for 100 runs scored.
- Carlos Beltran - switch hitting, contact hitter, very quick, steals bases, can score easily. Batting in the 2-hole will take the pressure of being a pure power hitter off of him, can rely on Wright/Delgado/Floyd to drive him in. Will be able to provide power and should knock in 100 while scoring about 110.
- David Wright - High OBP, clutch power hitter. No brainer here. 110+ runs scored, 100+ rbi's.
- Carlos Delgado - Stud. .400+ obp, .550 slg, 115+ rbi, 110+ runs scored. Best power hitter on the club, again a no brainer in the four hole.
- Cliff Floyd - powerful lefty will have 2 stud OBP men in front of him. If he stays healthy should have no problem driving in 100+ runs.
- Victor Diaz - Mini-Manny, despite his defensive liabilities, is a pure hitter. Provides 20-25hr power and an expanding knowledge of the strike zone.
- Paul Lo Duca - clutch contact hitter. Should drive in 70-80 runs while getting on base at a strong .340 clip. Solid #7 hitter.
- Kazuo Matsui - Pray.