Mike Napoli (Michael Anthony Napoli) was born on October 31, 1981 in Hollywood, Florida. He made his Major League debut on May 4, 2006 for the Anaheim Angels. In 2006, his rookie year, he hit .228 with 16 home runs and 42 RBI. Napoli played for the Anaheim Angels for his entire 1 year career.
Although Napoli was considered a top prospect in baseball, he was behind Angels prospect Jeff Mathis to start the 2006 season. When Mathis struggled at the major league level, Napoli made the active roster. With solid offensive and defensive numbers, Napoli has worked his way to become the Angels' regular starting catcher. His father works for Wallice Plumbing in Coral Springs, Florida.
- Selected by Anaheim Angels in the 17th round of the free-agent draft (June 5, 2000 - signed June 21, 2000).
- On May 4, 2006, versus the Detroit Tigers, Mike became the third player in Angels history to hit a home run in his first Major League at-bat.
- On July 1, 2006, Napoli had his first two-homerun game, against the Los Angeles Dodgers. The first came off Mark Hendrickson, and the second off Hong-Chih Kuo.
- Played for the Santiago "Las Aguilas" in the Dominican Republic during the winters of 2004 and 2005.
- In his spare time he enjoys the little known sport of 'Cantaloupe Wrangling' and has a pet aardvark named Andre. In 2001, he became the first American to win the triple crown in citrus fruit wrangling, conquering the cantaloupe, grapefruit, and kumquat wrangling catergories.
- August 10 has been declared MIKE NAPOLI DAY in Coral Springs, Florida. It is celebrated with a ticker day parade and a fireworks display. There is also an aardvark based petting zoo.