Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
by user MichaelSpic
I actually wrote this last week but never got around to posting.
- St. Louis Cardinals
- Houston Astros*
- Cincinnati Reds
- Chicago Cubs
- Pittsburgh Pirates
- Milwaukee Brewers– As a favor to me, please root against the Brewers this season. Thank you.
- ALCS: Oakland over Cleveland
- NLCS: New York over St. Louis
- World Series: New York Mets over Oakland
- World Series MVP: David Wright
- AL Surprise Teams (Pleasant): Baltimore, Detroit
- AL Surprise Teams (Unpleasant): New York Yankees
- NL Surprise Teams (Pleasant): Cincinnati
- NL Surprise Teams (Unpleasant): Philadelphia
- AL Rookie of the Year: Nick Markakis, Baltimore
- NL Rookie of the Year: Josh Willingham, Florida
- AL Cy Young: Dan Haren, Oakland
- NL Cy Young: Brandon Webb, Arizona
- AL MVP: Grady Sizemore, Cleveland
- NL MVP: Albert Pujols, St. Louis
Other Thoughts and Obervations
Strangest Peter Gammons blurb I’ve ever read:
- ‘All the Team USA pitchers -- and pitching coach Marcel Lachemann -- were in awe of Roger Clemens. But one thing they weren't ready for was Clemens taking that Icy Hot that pitchers rub on their shoulders and arms and spreading it over his upper thighs and private parts. "He doesn't want to get comfortable on the mound," says Jake Peavy, who tried the same trick Friday night in Phoenix.’
LSU’s Tyrus Thomas reminds me a whole lot of Stromile Swift. Hopefully for Thomas, and the NBA team that selects him, he’ll have a much better career than the former-Tiger Swift. Since our last Jets-discussion, Gang Green has acquired QB Patrick Ramsey and a 1st Round selection (for John Abraham). After much debate and reading the following quote, I hope the Jets make the correct move and draft OT D’Brickashaw Ferguson:
- "I'm a beast. I see myself as a bodyguard. I'm personally responsible for the health and welfare of my quarterback, and I'll do anything in my means to protect him."
The Jets could use more players with that kind of attitude.
Congrats, Phil. Make some room in the closet for that new Green Jacket.
Mon 04/10/06, 4:45 pm EST