Los Angeles Dodgers P Derek Lowe recently received some interesting revolations in his divorce case. From LA Observed:
(1) Lowe said in his deposition that he suffers from ADD, was provided with Ritalin by a Red Sox doctor and has been given 20 mg daily doses of the stimulant Adderall by the Dodgers' trainer Stan Johnson. The drug was prescribed by team doctor Michael F. Mellman without an exam, says Fineman.
(2) Trinka Lowe alleged in her deposition that the pitcher's agent, Scott Boras, suggested an "intervention" to deal with the player's drinking and told her the Red Sox did not re-sign Lowe after the 2004 season because of his alcohol problem. In his deposition, Derek Lowe acknowledged that the Red Sox thought he had a drinking issue but that he disagreed.
(3) According to Fineman, Trinka Lowe said the alcohol issue got so bad when Boston was in the playoffs in 2004 that bullpen catcher Dana Lavangie phoned her at home in Fort Meyers, Florida "and told me that I needed to come up to Boston because Derek was falling apart....He was depressed. They had taken him out of the starting rotation. He was in the bullpen. They told him pretty much he wasn't going to touch the baseball for any of the playoffs."
(4) Lowe would get drunk last season in the Dodgers clubhouse with clubhouse manager Dave Dickinson, Trinka contends. Dickinson told Fineman "he would drink with Lowe occasionally after games, but not every night. And he also said he did not see Lowe get drunk in the clubhouse."
(5) Lowe was arrested and got probation after a domestic dispute before they were married, according to Trinka.
(6) Lowe gave Hughes a $33,000 Rolex watch.
(7) Lowe said he turned down a $45 million deal with the Florida Marlins to take $36 million from the Dodgers before last season.
Wed 05/03/06, 10:51 am EST