Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
by user Roblefko
As a New York Jets fan, I just wanted to point out that the New York Giants deserved to win 0 games this year, and the only reason they won 11 is because EVERYTHING fell into place for them this year (had all these things happened to a semi-decent team, they would have been Super Bowl champs). Let's take a week by week look:
- Week 2 vs. New Orleans Saints: Giants receive an extra home game and get to play the Saints who are distracted by the hurricane. Giants win.
- Week 8 vs. Washington Redskins: Giants play a few days after their owner, Wellington Mara, passed away. Who wouldn't be emotionally charged up in such a situation. Had they not been so charged up, they would have played based on their regular abilities, which would have led to a loss (as can be seen Week 16 against the Redskins when they lost 35-20).
- Week 9 at San Francisco 49ers: 49ers start their 4th quarterback, Cody Pickett (a former rodeo player).
- Week 10 vs Minnesota Vikings: Daunte Culpepper gets injured week 8 and of course the Giants get to play the Minnesota Vikings two weeks later. (Giants lost anyway).
- Week 11 and Week 14 vs. Philadelphia Eagles: Of course Donovan McNabb gets injured for the season and the Giants get to play the Eagles twice during the next 4 weeks. Giants win both games. Mike McMahon? You gotta be kidding.
- Week 12 at Seattle Seahawks: League apologizes to Seattle for TWO blown calls, both of which gave the Giants touchdowns. (Giants lost anyway).
Okay, that wasn't a week by week look, but still, that's a lot of things falling into place for the Giants. Ill give them credit for 1 win (the comeback against the Denver Broncos).