Men's NCAA National Titles
- Football (7): 1942, 1954, 1957, 1961, 1968, 1970, 2002
- Basketball(1): 1960
- Baseball (1): 1966
- Golf (2): 1945, 1979
- Fencing (2): 1942, 2004
- Gymnastics (3): 1985, 1996, 2001
- Swimming & Diving (11): 1943, 1945, 1946, 1947, 1949, 1950, 1952, 1954, 1955, 1956, 1962
- Outdoor Track & Field (1): 1929
Women's NCAA National Titles
- Ohio State and Michigan boast what ESPN.com readers called the best rivalry in all of college football.
- TBDBITL - "The Best Damn Band in the Land" is the 225-member, all-brass Ohio State Marching Band. Also known as "The Pride of the Buckeyes," the badn is best known for Script Ohio. Another band tradition is the "skull session," a warmup concert/pep rally held in St. John Arena before every home game.
- Script Ohio - The signature formation of the Ohio State Marching Band performed before, during halftime or after home football games. Each time the formation drill is performed, a different fourth- or fifth-year sousaphone player has the privilege of standing as the dot in the “i” of “Ohio.” At exactly 16 measures from the end of “Le Regiment,” the drum major struts out toward the top of the “i,” with a senior sousaphone player high-stepping a couple of paces behind. The drum major stops and dramatically points to the spot, and the sousaphone player assumes the post of honor, doffs his or her hat and bows deeply to both sides of the stadium.
- Hang on Sloopy - “Hang On Sloopy,” a song performed by Ohioans, The McCoys, evolved into Ohio State’s game day anthem and eventually the state of Ohio’s official rock song. Buckeye fans heard it for the first time at the Oct. 9, 1965 OSU-Illinois game and it has rocked the stands ever since.