Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Must Starts:fantasy play vs. the Ryan Fitzpatrick led Bengals. We like Philly to take a commanding lead in this contest and once they do, few are better than DC Johnson at pressuring opposing QBs into sacks and turnovers.
2. Carolina Panthers vs. Detroit Lions. As long as Daunte Culpepper is behind center, mishaps are going to occur. After retiring and sitting out for the entire NFL season until one week ago, he was atrocious vs. the Jaguars and managed only seven offensive points before being pulled. This week, look for a strong Panthers’ D to get after him and force him into multiple turnovers once again. The Panthers might also return one for six.
4. Tampa Bay Buccaneers vs. Minnesota Vikings. Did anyone see Gus Frerotte last Sunday? He was giving away balls left and right. In this game, we see Tampa making a concerted effort to take Adrian Peterson out of the game plan and placing the onus on Frerotte. We’re confident that Tampa will take advantage of this scenario. Look for a few picks and multiple sacks from Tampa.
Sleepers:inept Raiders head out to Miami in what should be a low scoring affair from the Black and Silver. In its last two games, the team has managed a total of six points and are the new laughingstock of the league, behind Detroit. Look for the Dolphins to pressure Oakland all day and have a solid chance to pull off a shut out.
2. Tennessee Tita ns vs. Jacksonville Jaguars. Tennessee has been phenomenal this season and might have stud DE Kyle Vanden Bosch back in this one. His absence of late has greatly affected the Titans’ pass rush. On the other side, the Jaguars are still hurting from three losses to the Offensive Line and we like the Titans to put on a dominant effort.
Others with favorable match-ups
1. Indianapolis Colts vs. Houston Texans. The last time these two teams played, QB Sage Rosenfels had to fill in for Matt Schaub and had multiple turnovers late in the game that allowed the Colts to come back from a huge 4th quarter deficit. Rosenfels is back in this one as well. Look for the Colts, with S Sanders back in the fold, to put pressure on Houston’s QB and force a few turnovers.
2. NY Jets vs. New England Patriots. The Jets defense is beginning to realize some of the promise it expected when it signed all those high priced FAs in the off-season. Look for them to pressure QB Cassel–who’s been playing well of late–force a few turnovers from its front seven’s pressure.
3. San Francisco 49ers vs. St. Louis Rams. The Rams managed three points vs. the Jets last week. If RB Jackson is out once again, the Niners’ defense becomes that much more attractive. So long as QB Hill doesn’t turn it over and put its defense in compromising situations, look for a strong performance.