Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
This is the Top 20 American League hitters this season. Please feel free to post any comments.
1. Justin Morneau - Morneau a past MVP winner has experience. Morneau has hit 24 HRs, 79 RBIs, and he can also maintain an average with .317. Three initials, MVP
2. Joe Mauer - It's Minnesota Twins 1,2. Mauer has been chasing .400 but since he is a catcher it hurts him. But he can still hit .362, 15 HRs, and 49 RBIs, he also missed the beginnign of the season.
3. Evan Longoria - Longoria fresh off his ROY last year has been an anchor for the Rays, hitting .275 with 19 HRs, and 72 RBIs
4. Torii Hunter - Even though Hunter was recently put on the DL, he still is worthy to be this high. He has hit .305 with 17 HRs, and 65 RBIs
5. Jason Bay - Bay's average has plummeted, but he still is a RBI machine. He has 72 RBIs, and 20 HRs
6. Carl Crawford - Maybe some of you wouldn't have Crawford this high but he has been a complete package this year. He has batted .313, with 63 Runs, 41 RBIs, and 8 HRs, he also has been a pest on the bases picking up 47 steals. He has Average, Speed, and some power.
7. Mark Teixeira - Teixeira started off slow but he has picked it up. He's hitting .277, 23 HRs, 67 RBIs
8. Miguel Cabrera - Cabrera has been a all-around player for the Tigers this year, by hitting .330, 19 HRs, 52 RBIs
9. Ian Kinsler - Kinsler has been a power threat for the Rangers this year. He has had 4 multi-home run games, and has hit 23 HRs overall, he also has 58 RBIs, 66 Runs, and 20 SB. The only downside of Kinsler is his average. If he was batting over .300 he could be in the MVP talk
10. Ben Zobrist - Zobrist has come out of no where this year, and has put up monster numbers. He's batting .303, with 18 HRs, and 53 RBIs
11. Nelson Cruz - Nelson Cruz has been a great story this year. He made it to the ALl-Star game, and almost won the HR Derby, and has also put up big numbers. He has hit 23 HRs, and has 54 RBIs, and is batting .266
12. Kevin Youkilis - Youkilis has always been a good average hitter with HRs, this year he's batting .303, 19 HRS, 57 RBIs
13. Victor Martinez - Martinez after a horrible 2008 has been great. He has hit 14 HRs, 61 RBIs, and is batting .289
14. Russell Branyan - Branyan has been a big surprise for the Mariners this year. He has been a big power threat. He is hitting .275, with 24 HRs, and 54 RBIs
15. Brandon Inge - Inge made his first all-star game this year. He has belted 21 HRs, 58 RBIs, and is batting .260
16. Adam Jones - Jones has been a bright spot for the Orioles this year. He's .307, 14 HRs, 52 RBIs, 58 Runs
17. Aaron Hill - Hill has been a bounce back player this year. He started in the All-Star Game. He has hit 21 HRs, 61 RBIs, and is hitting .285
18. Michael Young - Michael Young could be one of the most clutch players in the Majors. This year he is hitting .310, with 12 Hrs, and 38 RBIs, and 51 Runs
19. Justin Bartlett - Bartlett has been unexpectedly great this year. He's batting .348, 8 HRs, he has 19 career HRs, and 40 RBIs
20. Alex Rodriguez - A-Rod had the whole steroid thing at the beginning of this year, and he has proved that it wasn't all the steroids. He is hitting .252, 19 HRs, and 54 RBIs