Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
The 2007-08 National Hockey League season will come to an end April 6th. The last game on the docket will be Phoenix at Anaheim. Teams are scrambling for playoff spots like OJ running for an airplane (not the one piloted by Leslie Neilsen) and some teams may be out in the cold when the playoffs get underway.
If the playoffs were tonight, the Battle for Lord Stanley's Cup (La Coupe Stanley, for you in French Canada), Round 1 would look this way:
(1) Pittsburgh [83 Pts] vs. (8) Philadelphia [74 Pts] (Philadelphia leads head to head 4-1 with three meetings left, 2 in Pittsburgh, 1 in Philadelphia)
(2) Montreal [81 Pts] vs. (7) New York Rangers [77 Pts] (New York won head to head series 3-1)
(3) Carolina [73 Pts] vs. (6) Boston [77 Pts] (Carolina won head to head series 3-1)
(4) New Jersey [82 Pts] vs. (5) Ottawa [80 Pts] (New Jersey and Ottawa split head to head series 2-2)
(1) Detroit [92 Pts] vs. (8) Colorado [74 Pts] (Detroit swept head to head series 4-0)
(2) Dallas [87 Pts] vs. (7) Vancouver [74 Pts] (Dallas leads head to head series 2-1, 1 meeting left in Dallas)
(3) Minnesota [79 Pts] vs. (6) Calgary [77 Pts] (Calgary leads head to head series 5-1, 2 meetings left, 1 in Calgary, 1 in Minnesota)
(4) Anaheim [83 Pts] vs. (5) San Jose [82 Pts] (Anaheim leads head to head series 5-1, 2 meetings left, 1 in Anaheim, 1 in San Jose)
Seeding is based on total points. Also included is how each team did in head to head matchups.
My first round picks?
Pittsburgh over Philadelphia in 7 games
Montreal over New York Rangers in 5 games
Boston over Carolina in 5 games
Ottawa over New Jersey in 7 games
Detroit over Colorado in 6 games
Dallas over Vancouver in 6 games
Calgary over Minnesota in 4 games
Anaheim over San Jose in 5 games