The Washington Redskins made the playoffs last season. However, they were dealt a severe blow last year when star safety Sean Taylor died after an attempted robbery on his home. It's hard for a team to lose a player, especially one with as big of an impact on the field as Taylor had. He will sorely be missed.
The team also dealt with injuries, including one to quarterback Jason Campbell. The Redskins would bring it all together and win their final four games of the season and grabbing the final playoff spot in the NFC.
In the wild card round, the Redskins went toe-to-toe with the Seattle Seahawks. The Redskins kept it close and even took a 14-13 lead in the fourth quarter. However, the Seahawks would score three touchdowns, including two interception returns, to beat the Redskins, 35-14.
Redskins coach Joe Gibbs would retire. Neither Al Saunders nor Gregg Williams would be head coach. Instead, Seahawks quarterback coach Jim Zorn, who was originally hired as an offensive coordinator, would become the head coach.
Zorn's biggest challenge will be turning Jason Campbell into a star quarterback. Zorn did a lot for Matt Hasselbeck's career in Seattle and now he has a chance to do the same for Campbell.
Campbell will be entering his fourth season as quarterback, his third for starting. In 2007, Campbell threw for 2700 yards and 12 touchdowns.
The Redskins will be opening up the regular season on the road, in the Meadowlands. They'll face the defending Super Bowl champion, New York Giants on the opening night of the NFL season. This season, the Redskins will face Pittsburgh, Cleveland and New Orleans at home, while they face Seattle, Detroit and San Francisco on the road.
It's time for those burning questions (yearbook style):
- How long in Washington will Jim Zorn last as head coach: Four seasons
- Number of crazy outfits Clinton Portis will show off this season: Five outfits
- What are the outfits: Hell if I know....
- Crazy acquisitions Dan Snyder makes over the next season: Chad Johnson
- The leading receiver in 2008 will be: Santana Moss
- Best hair this season: Colt Brennan (Don't ask me the hair style)
- Jason Campbell will: Throw for 3,000 yards this season (Barring injury)
- Best names (Top 3): Stuart Schweigert, Antwaan Randle-El, Nehemiah Broughton
- 80s song that best describes team: You Owe Me Some Kind Of Love- Chris Isaak
- In 2008, the Redskins will: Go 8-8, finish in fourth place