Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Under current circumstances, I am holding off on doing the preview of the Green Bay Packers until things are settled. As of right now, I'm doing the other three teams in the NFC North. Today, I will focus on the Minnesota Vikings.
The Minnesota Vikings started the 2007 season with uncertainty at the quarterback position. By the end of the season, there was still uncertainty. Is Tarvaris Jackson the right fit for the Vikings offense?
Last season, Jackson threw for 1900 yards, nine touchdowns and 12 interceptions. Jackson played 12 games.
This season will be Jackson's third in the NFL. This team is stacked. They have a 1-2 running combo in Adrian Peterson and Chester Taylor. A solid offensive line led by All-Pro's Matt Birk and Steve Hutchinson.
They also have an improving defense. When you add Jared Allen to the mix, you have something potent.
Ultimately, it comes down to the quarterback. This is a make or break year for Jackson. If he has a successful year, Jackson will be the man behind center for years to come. If he doesn't then don't be surprised to see Gus Frerotte or rookie John David Booty take the snap.
The Vikings open up the regular season on the road against the Green Bay Packers on Monday Night Football (or Brett Favre lovefest). The Vikings have notable home games against Indianapolis, Carolina, New York (Giants) and Atlanta. They have notable road games against Tennessee, New Orleans and Arizona.
Time for those burnin' non-Brett Favre questions (yearbook style):
- Tarvaris Jackson will: Take strong steps, but won't be the best in the league
- Best receiver for the team: The running game
- Adrian Peterson will: Run for 1600 yards
- Chester Taylor will: Run for 1000 yards
- Best defensive player in 2008: Chad Greenway.....Nah it will be Ben Leber
- Brad Childress ' best quality: His moustache (almost looks like Ron Howard if you squint)
- Coolest names (Top 3): Naufahu Tahi, Cullen Loeffler, Vinny Ciurciu
- 80s song to best describe team: I'm Alright- Kenny Loggins
- In 2008, the Vikings will: Win the division, at 10-6