The Lions last season saw an explosion with their offense. Quarterback Jon Kitna led the way for the Lions, throwing for his second straight 4000 yard season. Kitna also had 18 touchdown passes, but threw 20 interceptions.
In two seasons with the Lions, Kitna already has 8000 yards with 39 touchdowns and 42 interceptions. This season, Kitna will be 36-years-old. He's reaching the end of his career. Detroit could very well be his final stop.
The defense is still an issue for the Lions. Last season, the Lions ranked 24th in points and 29th in yards, giving up more than 6000 yards of total offense. The defense lost Shaun Rogers as he went to Cleveland. Rogers led the Lions with seven sacks.
The Lions open up the regular season on the road against the Atlanta Falcons. Notable home games for the Lions include, Tennessee, Tampa Bay, Washington and New Orleans. Notable road games include, Indianapolis, Carolina and San Francisco.
Time for those burnin' non-Brett Favre questions (Yearbook style):
- Jon Kitna will throw for: 3500 yards
- Leading receiver for Lions: Roy Williams
- Leading rusher for the Lions: Kevin Smith
- Points Lions score this season: Less than with Mike Martz
- The defense will: Probably suck
- Lions rookie of the year: Kevin Smith
- Coolest names (Top 3): Gosder Cherilus, Idrees Bashir, Mike Furrey
- 80s song that best describes the Lions: I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For- U2
- In 2008, the Lions will: Finish the season 6-10