This is going to be a very good year for baseball. We are finaly getting the steriods stuff behind us. We should not forgive that era but we also should not forget it. This season this is how I see it finishing:
1. Boston Red Sox - They are the returning champtions and have not lost anything but a few Shillings. Dice-K gained experience from last season. Clay Buchholz is going to make an impact this year. Jacoby Ellsbury will score a lot of runs in front of Ortiz and Manny. A team can't just go from first to second unless they get worse and the Red Sox did not do that.
2. New York Yankees - They have good young pitchers like Phillip Hughes and Joba Chamberlain. Alex Rodriguez will do just as good as last season because he is just that good. When all the pitching was hurt last season the Yankees were bad but when they were not hurt they were a really good team. They are not hurt yet this year.
3. Toronto Blue Jays - Roy Halladay is the best pitcher in baseball when healthy. They are a good team because of guys like Eckstien and Rolen. Those two bring a good leadership to this team who needed leaders. They would be great if they were in the NL but they will just be average in the AL.
4. Baltimore Orioles - They traded Bedard, but got back offense in Adam Jones. Jones and Markakis will be one of the best outfield duos in the league. They are both all around players. Guthrie is a good pitcher to and will help save thier season (kinda).
5. Tampa Bay Rays - I don't see how they will be any better than before. Last season, Carlos Pena hit 46 home runs and the team still was the worst in the league. They also do not get help from prospect Evan Longoria as he started the season in triple A.
2. Cleveland Indians - They did not get worse but another team (Tigers) got better. The Indians still have good players at important positions like Grady Sizemore and Victor Martinez. C.C. Sabathia will win the Cy Young this season because he is just that good.
3. Chicago White Sox - They added Nick Swisher and Orlando Cabrera for a instant improvement on offense and defense. They did lose Jon Garland but the pitching is still decent with Burhle as the ace. And Dye, Thome and Konerko will start hitting more homeruns like they used to do.
5. Kansas City Royals - They are just bad and the only good thing they did is sign Jose Guillen and they even messed that up by overpaying him. They will sucks once again.
1. Seattle Mariners - They are off a surprise year last year. They added Bedard to King Felix to make it the best one-two punch in the league. They play good defense and will stay in tight games to come out and win.
2. Los Angeles Angels of whereever - They arent as good as everyone thinks. Guerrero is getting old and has just slowed down. Torii Hunter is overpaid and can only play defense because his offense was only good in his contract year. Lackey, Ervin Santana, and Jered Weaver are the only reason they have a chance at the wild card.
4. Texas Rangers - All the offense in the world won't help. They can not throw a strike and if they do they get rocked.
Tell me what you think.