Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Week five saw more of the same. The cream (Giants, Colts, Broncos, Vikings) is starting to rise to the top. The top of the 2010 draft order (Rams, Chiefs, Browns) is starting to shake itself out.
- Cedric Benson, yes that Cedric Benson, is the first running back to gain 100 yards against the Ravens defense in three years. The Bengals have taken control of the AFC North by beating the Ravens 17-14. The Bengals are 4-1 and one tip drill from 5-0.
- There's not a lot good to say about the Browns 6-3 defeat of the Bills. Derek Anderson was 2/17 (1 int) for 23 yards and his team WON the game. Are you kidding me?
- At the end of the 20-17 Panther victory over the Redskins, Delhomme would not be denied. His mad scramble to pick up nine yards on 3rd and 8 where he fought through tackles was enough to clinch the possession and allow the Panthers to run out the clock. Is it time for Zorn to go yet?
- Fumble-sack. Fumble. Great scramble. Interception. Daunte Culpepper must be back. In the end though, it was three straight sacks by the Steeler defense that sealed the Steelers 28-20 defeat of the Lions
- Mike Vrabel catches yet another touchdown pass, the 11th of his career. The Cowboys countered with two touchdowns to Miles Austin (10/250). Playoff contenders aren't supposed to need overtime and a career game from a kick returner/receiver to beat an 0-5 team 26-20. The Cowboy are average at best.
- Jeremy Maclin, the Philadelphia Eagles' rookie wide receiver had a breakout game with six receptions for 142 yards and two touchdowns. It's not saying much as it cam against the Tampa Bay Buccaneers. Donovan McNabb returned from injury to toss three touchdowns in the Eagles 33-14 victory over the Buccaneers.
- What can be said about he Vikings 38-10 win over the Rams? The Vikings are one of the best teams in the NFL. The Rams...aren't.
- The Giants starting quarterback, Eli Manning, was well before the end of the first half. No he wasn't injured, The Giants are just that much better than the Raiders. The Giants crushed the Raiders 44-7.
- The Falcons came out firing and never looked back. Roddy White came on strong against the 49ers with eight receptions for 210 yards and two touchdowns. Michael Turner tacked on three touchdowns of his own as the Falcons stomped the 49ers 45-10.
- Matt Hasselbeck is back with a vengeance. His four touchdowns revived the struggling Seahawk offense as the Hawks shut out the Jacksonville Jaguars 41-0.
- The Cardinals jumped out to a 21-0 lead in the first half before the Texans came back to tie it at 21. In one of the strangest finishes of the season, Matt Schaub threw a pick-six with 2:30 to go in the game and give the Cardinals a 28-21 lead. It wasn't over yet though. Schaub drove the Texans down field and they had four cracks at the endzone from inside the ten (three from the one) and failed to convert.
- Kyle Orton led a 98 yard drive in the fourth quarter that had the Broncos tie the game with the Patriots. Then Matt Prater kicked a 41-yard field goal in overtime and the Broncos defeated the the Patriots again, 20-17. The Patriots with Belichick and Brady are 1-6 against the Denver Broncos.
- Peyton Manning continues to just plain get it done. He always seemed to know what the Titans were up to and was able to lead the Colts to an easy 31-9 victory over the Titans. It is the Colts 14th straight regular season victory. Kerry Collins should not be a starting quarterback in the NFL.
- If you had told me ahead of time that the New York Jets would score 27 points against the Miami Dolphins on MNF, I would have called that a Jet victory. I would have been wrong. A two yard run from Ronnie Brown with 10 seconds left capped off a wild fourth quarter that saw 35 total points scored and five lead changes. Miami pulled it out 31-27 as the Jet defense decided to take a night off. Miami is a better team with Chad Henne than they were with Chad Pennington.