Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|<<Back to the This Date in Sports History page|
- The New York Yankees don home uniforms with pinstripes on them for the very first time. New York lost the game, the season opener, to the Boston Red Sox, 5-3.
- Carl Yastrzemski makes his Major League debut for the Boston Red Sox against the Kansas City Athletics. He went 1-for-5.
- Rod Carew made his Major League debut with the Minnesota Twins, going 2 for 4 against the Baltimore Orioles.
- Bret Saberhagen was born in Illinois
- Jason Varitek was born in Michigan.
- Trot Nixon was born in North Carolina.
- Mark Teixeira was born in Maryland