Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
The National Invitational Tournament, newly acquired by the NCAA, just announced its bracket. For the first time in its history, teams have been seeded into brackets. The NIT committee chose Cincinnati, Louisville, Maryland, and Michigan as its number one seeds.
Sometimes it's easy to discount the NIT because it has no real bearing in terms of a national championship, but it's still a great honor. Often the basketball atmosphere is better in the early rounds, which are played on one team's home court.
Opening Round Games
- Manhattan vs. Fairleigh Dickinson
- Penn State vs. Rutgers
- UTEP vs. Lipscomb
- Temple vs. Akron
- Northern Arizona vs. Delaware State
- Stanford vs. Virginia
- Charlotte vs. Georgia Southern
- Miami (OH) vs. Butler
- Maryland vs. Manhattan-Fairleigh Dickinson winner
- Colorado vs. Old Dominion
- St. Joseph's vs. Penn State-Rutgers winner
- Hofstra vs. Nebraska
- Michigan vs. UTEP-Lipscomb winner
- Vanderbilt vs. Notre Dame
- Creighton vs. Temple-Akron winner
- Miami (FL) vs. Oklahoma State
- Louisville vs. Northern Arizona-Delaware St. winner
- Clemson vs. Louisiana Tech
- Missouri State vs. Stanford-Virginia winner
- University of Houston vs. BYU
- Cincinnati vs. Charlotte-Georgia Southern winner
- Minnesota vs. Wake Forest
- Florida State vs. Miami (OH)-Butler winner
- South Carolina vs. Western Kentucky
For a copy of the bracket, go to http://www.fansonly.com/photos/schools/nit/genrel/auto_pdf/cumulative-stats.pdf
Tue 03/14/06, 11:42 am EST