Recap of the year 1941 in sports.
- Ted Williams’ season batting average is .406. It is the last time any major leaguer will hit over .400.
- Joe DiMaggio sets the all-time standard with a 56-game hitting streak. The record still stands.
- Victorian Football League
- Minnesota Golden Gophers National college football champions.
- Chicago Bears 37-9 New York Giants for the NFL championship.
- Columbus Bullies win the American Football League championship with a record of 5-1-2.
- January 19 — Alan Patterson, New Zealand field hockey player
- January 30 — Tineke Lagerberg, Dutch swimmer
- May 1 — Brian Glencross, Australian field hockey player and coach
- June 4 — Geoff Shipton, Australian sprint freestyle swimmer
- July 2 — Wendell Mottley, Trinidad and Tobago athlete
- August 4 — Kaija Mustonen, Finnish ice speed skater
- August 10 — Anita Lonsborough, British swimmer
- October 14 — Ilona Silai, Romanian middle distance runner
- December 4 — Marty Riessen, American tennis player