Recap of the year 1903 in sports.
- Victorian Football League
- First Division - The Wednesday win the 1902-03 title.
- FA Cup - Bury beat Derby County 6-0, a record scoreline for an FA Cup final.
- Frank Ferrell and Bill Devery purchase the defunct Baltimore franchise of the American league for $18,000 and move it to New York City.
- The first modern World Series is played between the National League champions the Pittsburg Pirates and the Boston Pilgrims. The Pilgrims win the series five games to three. Deacon Phillipe of the Pirates and Bill Dineen of the Pilgrims win three games each, while Cy Young wins the other two.
See also 1903 in baseball
- Montreal AAA win their 4th Stanley Cup, defeating the Winnipeg Victorias 3 games to 1. In a 2nd Stanley Cup Challenge, the Ottawa Silver Seven beat the Rat Portage Thistles 2 games to 0.
- October - World Series: Boston Americans, representing the American League, defeat the National League champion Pittsburgh Pirates in eight games (best of nine) to win the first modern World Series.
- June 19 — Lou Gehrig, American baseball player (d. 1941)
- September 6 — Maxie Rosenbloom, American boxing champion and film actor (d. 1976)
- September 17 — Karel Miljon, Dutch boxer (d. 1984)
- October 18 — Lina Radke, German athlete (d. 1983)
- November 23 — Kornelia Bouman, Dutch female tennis player (d. 1998)